Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Funeral, Weather, Sickness

On Saturday, February 10, I preached the funeral of Stanley Lovins. He died at age 58 of a heart attack. The family had a meal at the United Methodist Church building in Okeana, Ohio, and I enjoyed fellowshp with them for a couple of hours.

At 5:00 on Saturday, we had a Valentine's Banquet at First Baptist Church, and I ate a wonderful meal along with 25 or 30 of our church members and visitors. We played some games, heard some funny things from Bro. Steve Kittle, and heard a good message from Bro. Johnathan Bush.

Sunday was a lovely day, though cold. The temperature got up into the 30's. Eric Wolfe and I visited Bro. Jim Teague in the Shawnee Springs Nursing Home in the afternoon. We had a low attendance Sunday night.

Monday promised a snow storm, so I canceled the Antiochan Apologia and my classes for the night. Tuesday came in with ice and snow. The roads were very hazardous. The elctricity went out at our house about 3:00 or so and stayed off until 7:05 PM.

I received a call tonight from Carl Westrich that his grandmother, Dorothy Zinser, went to the Mt. Airy hospital with symptoms of a heart attack. I called Doris Kinnett to start the prayer chain, and we will all pray for her.

I spent some time today on the phone talking to different people about problems, etc. This is a daily routine for me it seems. I studied on the Book of Hebrews this afternoon and got some helpful items from the internet until the electricity went off.

Heb. 1:1-2 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

No comments: