Monday, December 1, 2014

Psalm 119:116


I Am Not Ashamed

By Pastor Dr. Ronnie W. Wolfe

"Uphold me." Yes, because I shall definitely fall into all kinds of trouble, confusion, and worldly philosophies if I am not upheld by God's word.

I shall fall into temptation without his word, and I may die "in the midst of my days" if I am not faithful to his word. I live eternally by God's word, and it is God's word that sustains me; by it I have eternal security in salvation, because that is not mine to accomplish but his to supply. I must be mindful that it is God who gives me life.  I love Psalm 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

If God's word sustains me and keeps me alive and gives me hope of eternal salvation, then why should I be ashamed of that? Why should I shun the opportunity to witness of the eternal salvation of the Lord?

Paul was not ashamed of the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16), and he was not ashamed of his faith (2 Timothy 1:12). We should never be ashamed. Paul wrote in Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

No comments: