Monday, September 13, 2021

Preaching Up A Storm

 

My Story #49
Ronnie W. Wolfe

When I was still in my 20's, I was asked to preach in a small country church in Pendleton County, Kentucky, at a revival meeting. I remember that in the middle of that afternoon I went into an old country barn and prayed that the Lord would give me a good message to preach to the church that evening.

As I looked through my Bible, I came upon Luke Chapter 5 where the Lord went out a little from the land and sat down in the boat and taught the people out of the ship. I took no notes, but I thought hard and prayed hard that God would give me words to say, and he did.

While I was preaching that evening, a great storm came up around the church house; there was lightning and thunder. The rain came down hard. The harder the thunder cracked, the louder I preached.

After the service, my cousin came running down the isle and was about to hug me from her excitement of hearing me preach for her first time. She ran and grabbed me and pushed me down. Then she fell down on top of me. It would have been very embarrassing if it had not been so funny. She said, "Boy, you really preached up a storm tonight." I guess she was right about that.
 

No comments: