Monday, July 18, 2022

My Story #86 - What Is A Man?

 

My Story #86

What Is A Man?
Ronnie Wolfe

This article is not up for debate. I know what a man is--I really do.

But I want here to tell a little story about a man and a woman that I think you will find interesting if not funny.

Once, while in the 9th grade at Morgan School, one of the teachers came up with the idea that one day would be set aside for a boy to carry the books for a girl all day long.

Because of my handicap, I could not carry books for any girl, so I did not know quite what to do. A girl by the name of Janice Brown was assigned to me, so we got together and discussed this dilemma. She said, "Why don't I just carry YOUR books tomorrow, so that is what we did.

I was still the man, and she was still the woman, and we made it through the day. The sad ending to this story is that Janice (Brown) Sponcil passed away last Thursday, July 21, 2022. She was a wonderful person, and many people will miss her terribly. May God bless the family!
 

No comments: