Monday, January 16, 2023

 

My Story #107

Recent Incident

December 1, 2022

Pastor Ronnie Wolfe


I think I probably should start this week's Monday Mentions by telling you of an incident that happened to me on December 1, 2022.


I was sitting in my office chair at the church office. I reached down to get something that had fallen on the floor. In doing this, I slipped out of my chair onto the floor. I had no injuries. I did not fall hard.


I tried to get back into my chair, but I could not accomplish that. I was stuck on the floor. I called my son, David, and he and his wife and two daughters came to the office and lifted me up into my chair.


As I was getting up from the chair to get onto my crutches, I put my weight on my left arm, and my arm gave way completely--as though it was completely paralyzed.


My son and his family had to help me go home by holding me up as I walked on my crutches.


When we got home, they carried me back to my bed and placed me on the bed. When I hit the bed, I said "hello." I was so glad to be in bed.


From that time, I have spent most of my time in bed. I get tired quickly. I have got up on my crutches three or four times sense then. Today I tried it again, and I felt wobbly. I was uncertain of every step.


I am to go to the doctor tomorrow, and I am thinking he may send me for some therapy. I have been trying to do some here.


Thanks for your prayers and concern. I just want to get back to the place where I can go to work and to church and to preach the word of God.


Things we are working on:

  • Therapy: seeing doctor tomorrow
  • A power chair for my use: have contacted Medmark and also Drake Hospital


God knows our ways and our wants, and he will answer according to his will. We trust him completely.


GOD BLESS! Have a blessed week!

 

No comments: