Monday, November 8, 2021

My Story #56

Ronnie W. Wolfe
How Many Falls? God Is Good!

I have fallen many times in my life. I can remember a few. I have already mentioned the time that I was going to the barn to see my father, but I tripped on the step own from our front porch and fell on a huge rock and landed on my nose. My nose bled, but I was all right after a little while. God is good!

When I was about seven years old, my brother and I were going to the neighbor's house to do some work, and my brother placed me neatly into the basket on his bicycle. Then we took off up the road. When we got near the neighbor's house, my brother said, "How am I going to stop and get you out of that basket?" I said, "I don't know." Then he turned his bike to the left, went to the side of the road and kept going until he ran into a fence. I was dropped across the fence onto the ground in some very soft grass. Isn't God good!

My sister and I were at the creek with my parents when a storm was coming up, and my sister and I got on a horse together to go to the house per our parents' instructions. As we we going up the hill, a limb hit me in the head, and I fell off the horse onto a pile of rocks. I got up and walked the rest of the way. Isn't God good!

In 12th grade, we had to go downstairs to prepare some things for our graduation, and I lost my balance and fell down about 12-13 concrete steps. I remember only getting up and going on safely. Isn't God good!

In Lexington, living in an upstairs room, I began to go down the steps to go to work, and I hooked my crutch handle in my coat pocket and pulled myself down the steps, and I rolled down the steps and landed on the floor. Both my arms were paralyzed. No one was home with me. I lay there for a couple of minutes, and my arms began to tingle. Then, after a few more minutes, I could move my arms. After somewhere between five and ten minutes, I got up and went on to work. Isn't God good!

Well, God is good no matter what may have happened in my falls, but you know that I am thankful that God has taken care of his old sinner all of these years. I know the Lord is with me, and I trust him. God is really good to his saints.
 

No comments: