Monday, November 15, 2021

My Story #57 - Supper With Bluegrass Boys

 

My Story #57

Supper With Bluegrass Boys

One never knows what kind of conversations can be had when the Bluegrass Boys Quartet eat together. It doesn't matter whether others are there of not; we always have much to say. We tell stories from events in the past, discuss how to solve certain problems we may have, or just say funny things and laugh.

Either Friday or Saturday evening we were eating at Bob Evans Restaurant, and Bob Jones brought up the story about the quartet's going to a small church in Kentucky which was hard to reach. We drove so far; then we had to get out and walk. He told about how we were walking where it had rained, and the ground was really muddy. He said that, when I was walking, my crutches sank into the ground almost up to my hands. Then, he said, Demas Brubacher came back to try to help me to get the crutches out of the mud, and with both of our working, it was almost impossible to do it. I suppose everything worked out all right, because I am here today. Then he said that, when we got to the church, we had to break into the building. Then, he said, I took the piano apart to work on it before we sang. Now, that I did from time to time, scaring some of the members to death; but I would never damage a piano, as you can image.

Bob Jones is the one who asked me to write this today, so here it is for what it is worth. I just say, "Stay out of the mud, and don't tear pianos apart. You will live longer, no doubt.
 

No comments: