Tuesday, February 8, 2022

My Story #68 - Whoa! Donkey!

My Story #68

Whoa! Donkey!

While traveling with the Bluegrass Boys Quartet, our travels took us several times to South Carolina. I believe it was on the way back home from South Carolina that this happened.

We were traveling, I believe it was Blue Ridge Parkway, over the hills and around sharp curves. Bob Jones was driving, as usual, and the rest of us were asleep. All at a sudden the car abruptly stopped. When we all were awake, we noticed a mule in the middle of the road.

Well, as you probably know, mules are stubborn. Bob honked his horn, and we did everything anyone could think in order to get this mule to move off the road so we could continue on our trip, but that mule was not moving.

So we waited. The mule finally decided, in his own time, to walk off the road, and we went on our way. I don't know what time we got home in the wee hours of the morning, but I am sure it must have been very close to the time to go to our first college class at 7:00 AM.
 

No comments: