Monday, April 18, 2022

My Story #75 -- Piano On The Pulpit

 

My Story #75

PIANO ON THE PULPIT

This happened on a day when I was young and strong. The Bluegrass Boys Quartet were to come to Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church in Chesapeake, Ohio, for a weekend meeting, and I was busy preparing for the meeting.

One thing I wanted to do was to put the piano on the pulpit so the entire quartet could be on the platform together to sing rather than my being far away from them at the piano.

So, MY BIG IDEA was to put the piano on the pulpit. In my foolishness, I decided to try to do it myself; so, I acquired a couple of appropriate boards and leaned them on the pulpit and the floor. Then I proceeded to roll the piano toward the boards, pushing it with my body.

I aligned the piano wheels with the boards; then I put my back against the piano and pushed as hard as I could and, with great effort, I pushed the piano up the boards and onto the pulpit--I will never be the same.

Perhaps that is why I have such serious arthritis as I do. We had a good meeting that weekend, and God blessed, but I am paying for my foolishness now. 
 

No comments: