Monday, August 9, 2021

My Story #45

By Ronnie W Wolfe

"Breaking The Piano"

When I played piano and later sang with the Bluegrass Boys Quartet (both the first group and the second group), I remember that, when we would go into a church to set up for our singing, the first thing I would do was to take off the front part of the piano on the bottom and adjust the piano peddle to make the pressing down of it with my weak left foot a little easier.

Sometimes the pastor would come in, or some other people would come into the building and see me with the piano apart and would think that I was tearing up the piano, but I was not. I was just making an adjustment. I did this very often.

Now my left foot is so week that I put a hymnal under my foot to get leverage to help press down the sustain peddle. Sometimes this works, and sometimes it does not.

This is not so bad when one realizes that, not only did I tear apart the piano, but either Demas Brubacher or Bobby Lakes sometimes would break into the church building by working with the lock until the door would open. Fortunately, no one ever had to go to jail for either one of these capers

 

No comments: