Monday, August 23, 2021

My Story #46

 Ronnie Wolfe


"Please Help Me; I'm Falling"
"God Is Good"

I am sure you remember the old song by this title "Please help me; I'm falling." Today for some reason I was thinking of the many time that I have fallen and how the Lord protected me through all of it.

I have already mentioned before how that, when I was seven years old, I stumbled off the front porch of our house and landed on my nose right on a rough rock. My nose bled, but I did not get hurt too much; my feelings were hurt more than my body. God is good.

In grade school and one year of high school I went to Morgan School, Morgan, Kentucky. Especially in the elementary school building, there were many steps; but I do not remember falling at all in that building or in the larger high school building, which also had many steps.

When I was a senior in Pendleton County Memorial High School; there I fell down approximately 12 concrete steps, popped myself right back up and went on my way. God is good.

In Lexington, Kentucky, in the house where I lived, I slept upstairs. One morning, I was ready to leave for work, and I was coming down the stairway that had, I think, 13 steps, then to the right two more steps. When I was going down the steps, I caught one of crutches on the pocket of my coat and pulled myself down; and I rolled down almost all of those steps, turned right and went on down the other two. I landed flat on my back.

When I tried to get up, I could not move either arm. I just lay there like a brick and could not move. Then, as a few minutes went by, my fingers and hands began to tingle, and then my arms began to tingle. It was not but a few minutes until I was able to get up and go right on to work. God is good.

When my legs began to swell, my legs, while I was walking, would rub against the locks on my braces and unlock the braces; then I would fall. I fell several times and got a black eye once or twice, but eventually the people at the brace shop put on some ball bearings that would keep the locks locked, and I have had no problem since. God is good.

Once I was beginning to go down the steps toward the front door at church, and I lost my balance. I fell straight forward down the steps (about six steep steps), I caught myself on my hands; but, as my arms were week, I could not hold myself up, and I scraped my face on the carpet. All I had was a very red face where my face rubbed against the carpet and took off the skin. I have a picture to prove this. No more harm. God is good.
 
________________________

No comments: