Monday, May 2, 2022

My Story #77 -- Swimming Hole

 

My Story #77

SWIMMING HOLE

When I was young, my siblings and I would go to the creek, and there was a small pool of water that was always there both winter and summer, even when the weather was dry. We would go there to swim, but the first thing we had to do was to throw rocks in the little pool to scare out all of the water snakes (and there were plenty).

Once, while we were in the water, I came out and noticed that, on the surgery that I had had some time before, one of the stitches had scabbed over, because they did not get the stitch all the way out. The scab broke off, and I remember that I could see inside of my leg. It was "gross." Fortunately, I did not get infection from it. God has always been good to me in that way, for which I am thankful.
 

No comments: