Tuesday, May 31, 2022

My Story #80 -- Four Pastorates

 

My Story #80

Four Pastorates

I have been pastor of only four churches in my ministry. My work in ministry began with traveling with the Lexington Baptist College Trio and Quartet, later nick named The Bluegrass Boys. Those beginning years were wonderful yet challenging.

I was pastor, first, at Ephesus Baptist Church in Crab Orchard, Kentucky, for about two years. I resigned after I moved to live with my mother in 1970 after my father died, but the distance was too far to drive each weekend to try to pastor.

Second, I was pastor of Riverview Baptist Church in Berry, Kentucky (not where Bro. Carl Morton pastors) for two years. While there, I married, and our first child was six months old when we moved to Clarksville, Tennessee, where I helped in the works of Bible Baptist Church, Bro. Elton Wilson, pastor. I was there five years but not pastor.

I was called from there to Chesapeake, Ohio, at Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church, where I was pastor for three years at which time I was called to First Baptist Church in Harrison, Ohio. On August 2 of this year (2022), I will have been pastor for 40 years.

God has been good to me, and I am surprised that the people here still want me to be pastor. I am praying for a few more years of pastorate here. May God be pleased in whatever happens!
 

No comments: