Tuesday, June 7, 2022

My Story #81 - Dog In Icebox

 

My Story #81

Dog In Icebox

When I was about seven years old, my family lived on a farm in a house that had no electricity. We had an icebox, which was seldom used as an icebox but mostly for storage.

Once for some reason (that only myself knew at the time), I put a small dog in one of the small departments of the icebox and closed the door. Then I forgot that I had done it.

Later, the dog began to cry, and everyone was looking for the dog. I still did not remember that I had put him there. We thought we heard him crying under the house, so some of us went under the house to look for the dog--no luck.

Then, like a bolt of lightning, I remembered what I had done and went hurriedly and took the little thing out of the icebox. I don't remember getting a whipping, but I know I should have. Maybe this little dog needed to be on my list of "I Almost Died."
 

No comments: