Monday, June 13, 2022

My Story #82 Wearing Glasses

 

My Story #82

Wearing Glasses

A Sunday or two ago, I took out to lunch Bro. and Sister Mills, missionaries in Trinidad, and my grandson (11 years old) was with us.

After lunch, we got back into the car; and my grandson laid his glasses on the dash of the car. I asked him to remove them from the dash, since they may fall off when the car starts rolling.

As he removed the glasses from the dash, he said, "The doctor said that I don't have to wear them all the time." I asked, "When did the doctor say for you to wear them?" He said, "When I want to see things." The Mills and I were so struck with this funny expression that we laughed and laughed until we cried. Very quickly, after my grandson realized what he had said and how it sounded, he also began to laugh very hard. The four of us sat there in the car and laughed for over five minutes. We finally, I think, got our composure and went on our way.

Oh, my heart!
 

No comments: