Tuesday, June 21, 2022

My Story #83 What Does It Say?

 

My Story #83

What Does It Say?

I highly admired our dean at Lexington Baptist College, Bro. Rosco Brong. He was a very intelligent man and a good friend. He was my teacher and also a fellow teacher at the school, and we had many interesting conversations in those years that I taught at the school.

But when I was younger and a student, we had a chapel service once a week. Students would take turns speaking in chapel, and sometimes we would have a guest speaker.

On this particular day, the student who was to preach did not come to school (I don't remember why). Bro. Brong got up before us and said, "Does anyone want to start anything?" He did that often. Since the regular speaker was not available, he was wanting someone to suggest something for him to talk about.

No one else spoke, so I did. I had been reading something in the Bible that I did not understand, so I raised my hand and gave the reference and said, "Bro. Brong, what does that mean?" Bro. Brong simply said, "It means what it says." Then I responded, "Bro. Brong, what does it say?"

Bro. Brong took the passage and preached on it for about 20-25 minutes, and we had a very interesting and informative chapel service that day.
 

No comments: