Tuesday, August 16, 2022

My Story #90 -- Lose On Way To Zoo

 

My Story #90

"Lost On The Way To The Zoo"


Being on vacation, I had an opportunity to go to the Cincinnati Zoo with some friends, including a missionary and his wife and a few people from the church here. We took two vehicles. I took the missionary couple, and the others rode in another vehicle. 


On the way to the zoo, I was persuaded that I knew the way, because I had gone there many times in the past, but I had not gone this way that we determined to go on Monday. So, I began driving to the zoo and planning to go by way of Mitchell Avenue. I got to Mitchell Avenue with no problem, but I forgot that there was a Y in the road ahead. When I arrived at the Y, I could not make up my mind whether to go right or left (I had forgotten). I decided, then, to go to the left. I found quickly that this was the wrong way. I found out by driving quite a distance and realizing that the zoo is closer than this.


As I wiggled my way around streets, I began to lose my sense of direction, and I finally had to turn on Onstar for directions. The computer voice on Onstar told me that it was 2 miles away. I followed the directions until I got to the zoo, thankfully. Onstar is my friend, even though she speaks "computer."


We laughed as we joked about the car's not being able to sense the way to the zoo and that the car did not want to go to the zoo, and on and on. We had a great time. When returning home, I went a different way and arrived home safe and sound. We had a wonderful day. I am thankful for the couple who paid for everything for our trip. 


No comments: