Monday, August 22, 2022

My Story #91 -- Story Of A Small Boy

 

My Story #91


Story Of A Small Boy

Pastor Ronnie Wolfe


Once upon a time there was a small boy, aged two years old. He was born to a good and an industrious family. God was in the home, and God loved them very much.


This boy had two brothers and a sister at that time, and his parents took in to raise a young boy about eight months older than this young boy. We considered him our brother. In fact, in school he bore our last name.


In a house next door to a small grocery store in Locust Grove, Kentucky, which my parents ran, this small boy awoke one morning and could not walk. After his parents took him to five doctors, the fifth doctor sent them to the hospital, and the doctors at the hospital concluded that this small boy had Infantile Paralysis. Now it is called Polio.


I am that boy, and the year was 1947, when the Polio epidemic had bloomed again after several previous outbreaks. 


God has been good to me, and people have been good to me. I am almost 78 years old, and I have done pretty much what most other people can do. God called me into the ministry when I was 18 years old, and I have been preaching now for 60 years. 40 of those years have been spent pasturing First Baptist Church in Harrison, Ohio.


I am not as fast or as capable as I once was, but I still serve the Lord with the strength I have, and God has seen fit to put people in this church who love me and take good care of me. My wife, Shirley (who passed away in 2003), and I had three boys, and they have given me 10 grandchildren and even great grandchildren.


I have many, many friends, and you, no doubt, are among those many friends. Thank you for being my friend, and may God bless you is my prayer.

 

No comments: