Monday, March 28, 2022

My Story #73 -- "Sparks Of Fire"

 

My Story #73

SPARKS OF FIRE

When our quartet was young, we traveled quite a lot. Sometimes we would travel a great distance to get to our destination. As a result, we stopped to eat here or there.

Once, after stopping to eat at a restaurant, we were all getting into the car to continue on our trip, and, as usual, Bro. Jones was in a hurry. All the boys sat down in the car and closed their respective doors, but it took me a little longer to get into the car and close the door. As a result, Bro. Jones thought everyone was in the car, and he began to drive the car. Well, my leg was still hanging out of the car. I called out for him to stop the car, and he did (thankfully). Now, when Bro. Jones tells the story, he says that, as he took off, sparks were shooting out because of my brace's scraping along the pavement.

That, of course, is not true; but that's Bob Jones! I just let him continue to tell it "wrong," because it seems to be a little more interesting. You would not believe what I had to put up with just to be with those boys. 
 

No comments: