Monday, January 3, 2022

My Story #63 -- I Got High

 

My Story #63

I GOT HIGH

I was sitting in a chair looking out the window recuperating from the flu when all at a sudden I felt that I could just jump out the window and float through the air. The only symptom I had was a severe head ache when a friend took me to a doctor.

Now I knew that a person should not feel "that good," so I called the doctor and told him that "I feel too good." He said, "WHAT?" I told him that I felt that I could jump out the window and float through the aid and that I practically wanted to do it.

He asked, "Are you on medication?" I said, "Yes, you gave me Darvon to take." He said, "Do you still have pain?" I said, "NO, I have no pain at all." He said "Are you still taking the Darvon?" I said, "Yes. It says on the bottle to take it every four hours, and I have been taking it faithfully."

The doctor then said, "You should not take it unless you have pain." I answered him, "The bottle said every four hours." He said, "Just quit taking it.

Then, after a while of not taking the Darvon, I came back down from my HIGH and became a part of this old, dreary, dark world again; and I don't want to ever feel that way again--it is not normal.
 

No comments: