Monday, January 10, 2022

MY STORY #64 - "I Forgot"

 

My Story #64

I FORGOT

I love going to church. I love singing and preaching. I love the friendliness and fellowship of the people. I love giving my tithe to the Lord through his local church.

I remember when I lived in Lexington, Kentucky, I never missed a service at my church unless I was sick or the quartet was traveling. One Wednesday evening I was busy in my basement (my apartment) working on processing some film and printing some pictures when Bro. Demas Brubacher came to the top of the stairs and said to me, "Where were you tonight; are you sick?" I said, "No, I am fine." He said, "We missed you at church." The fact that it was Wednesday had completely slipped my mind due to my being busy in my photography. I don't believe I have ever been so embarrassed in my life. I also felt ashamed and hurt because I had let down my Lord in my non-attendance.

I am sure the Lord has forgiven me, but my mind is still rattled sometimes as I think back on that night that will "live in infamy." I just cannot forget it. Church attendance is SO important to all of us. God designed it for our benefit. If we are weak in this grace, how weak are we in other graces?

2 Cor. 8:7 . . . see that ye abound in this grace also.
 


No comments: