Monday, January 17, 2022

My Story #65 -- My Club

 

My Club

Pastor Ronnie Wolfe
 
When I was young, I envisioned a club for me and my friends. I designed a letterhead, wrote down some rules, and listed some people who I thought might want to be in my club.

Naturally, I called it The Wolf Club. I drew a picture of the head of a wolf (which I could do then and cannot do now) to be used on any correspondence we might have or to design brochures, etc. This was fun.

Of course, nothing really came of The Wolf Club, because this was an idea only, not something that would eventually materialize. I knew that at the time, but I certainly enjoyed playing the game.

When I became a man, as Paul said, "I put away childish things" and matured a little. Then I found in my young adult life that there is club to which I could be a part and could enjoy the fellowship of others, work to make this club better, and invite many to join. Some would frown at my calling it a club (which I shall not do), because it is the local church of the Lord Jesus.

What an assembly! Beautiful people, sanctioned fellowship, working together with the Lord, Jesus Christ, at the helm, guiding us along to a better future and a permanent dwelling in heaven with him after our work is done on earth.

Ephesians 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
 

No comments: