Tuesday, January 25, 2022

My Story #66 - Sleeping Arrangements

 

My Story #66

Sleeping Arrangements
Ronnie Wolfe

Traveling with the Bluegrass Boys all these years has been both a challenging and a rewarding experience, and I love to reminisce about the trips that we made throughout the years, though my memory is not as good as it used to be. I rack my brain sometimes trying to remember many of the situations we were in.

In the early days of our travels, sometimes we would sleep in motels. Sometimes we would have a room with two standard beds in one room. Usually Demas Brubacher and Robert Carpenter would sleep in one bed, and Bob Jones and I would sleep in the other bed.

After traveling and singing on Friday evening, when we went to bed to sleep, everyone was pretty well worn out, and the boys wanted to sleep late.

But I always awoke around 6:00 AM. That is not so bad until you realize that I had two long-leg braces to put on before I could get out of the bed. As I tried to put on my braces as quietly as I could, Bob Jones would wake up and say, "Why do you have to get up so early?" Then I would have to say, "Because, if I don't, I will have a migraine headache before lunch."

The next problem for me was having to wait until the other boys got up so we could go to breakfast. I was nearly starved by the time they got up and ready to eat.

BUT WE ALL LIVED.
 

No comments: