Monday, November 30, 2020

My LBC Story #12

 

My LBC Story #12:

The Bluegrass Boys Quartet represented Lexington Baptist College in our evangelistic work. We went to many churches introducing the college to the churches. Many of these churches began to support LBC with their offerings, and this allowed the college to function, and many men and women were able to receive a quality biblical education from wonderful teachers.

In this story, as the quartet were traveling going to yet another church to present the college and to preach the gospel, we were getting into the car (probably from stopping to eat along the way). Since Bob Jones was always in a hurry, everyone entered the car as quickly as possible (except for me).

With my handicap, I had to unlock the brace on each leg before I could sit down in the car seat. I had unlocked one brace and had entered one leg into the car, but the brace on the other leg was still locked and hanging out of the car door.

Bob Jones was driving, and he proceeded to drive the car with the back door open and my leg with the locked brace still on the outside of the car. Needless to say, I said something, and Bob stopped the car to allow me enough time to unlock the brace and to get COMPLETELY into the car.

No people were injured or killed in this adventure, so we continued toward our destination.

No comments: