Monday, November 30, 2020

My LBC Story #2

 

My LBC Story #2:

While at Lexington Baptist College, I met a man named Bob Jones, who asked me to play piano for a prospective trio. I told him that I do not play that kind of music, and he asked me if I would just practice with them for a while. I consented, and we have been practicing ever since. God has richly blessed the Lexington Baptist College Trio made up of Bob Jones, Robert Carpenter, Demas Brubacher, and Ronnie Wolfe. I played piano (and did not sing) as the other three men sang very good harmony.

We traveled for approximately five years around much of the eastern United States and saw many people trust Jesus Christ as Savior and many other rededicating their lives to the Lord and some called to preach the Gospel and surrender to the mission field.

We have had so many wonderful experiences, and we shall never forget them, memories retaining. We also learned much as we visited many churches and listened in conferences to many wonderful and studied preachers.

Later we took the name of the first quartet: Bluegrass Boys. After a while I began to sing with the group, and we became a quartet. This has been a great blessing to me and hopefully to those who heard our singing.

We made many, many friends through the years, and some of these friends have gone to be with the Lord. We have many precious memories of both young and old who were in the hearing of our quartet. God was gracious to us, keeping us from danger and giving us good health to travel, sing, and preach the word of God.

After these first five years, another quartet began. I will speak of that group next time.

God bless you all!

No comments: