Monday, November 30, 2020

My LBC Story #8

 

My LBC Story #8:

I will not forget my going to church one Sunday at Ashland Avenue Baptist Church and hearing the first group of the Bluegrass Boys Quartet sing. It was made up of Bob Jones, Warren Hartman, Larry Robbins, and Ed Kittle. Connie Kittle played the piano for them beautifully. Their sound was wonderful. I had never heard singing like that, especially live in a church service.

Never did it enter into my mind that one day soon I would be playing piano for the next group made up of Bob Jones, Demas Brubacher, Robert Carpenter, and myself as accompanist. It was then a high privilege to be a part of this ministry of both singing gospel songs and of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.

This group sang together until 1967, when a third group came together with Bob Jones, Ronnie Wolfe, Carl Morton, and Bobby Lakes. All of us in this group have grown from young whippersnappers to old, gray-haired and bald men. The Lord has been so wonderful to us in giving us good health and the ability to sing all of these years.

This group will sing at First Baptist Church, 119 S. Hill Street, Harrison, Ohio, on November 21, 7:00 PM. We would love to see as many people as possible. Come and listen to these old men try to sing as they used to many years ago. God will bless!

Use your own discretion on wearing a mask.

No comments: