Monday, September 17, 2007

A Wonderful Weekend and Sunday


My great weekend began by going to Falmouth, Kentucky, to the Wolfe-Jenkins reunion. We had somewhere around 50 people in attendance, and the food was just wonderful. I don't believe I have ever seen so much food in my life at one event.

When I left the reunion, I traveled from Falmouth, Kentucky, to Loveland, Ohio, where my son, Scott, was getting married. The wedding began at 6:00 PM. It was a lovely wedding; then he and Kathy went to Florida for a little vacation. I returned home about 8:30 PM. I was tired, but I had a busy Sunday yet to go.

I arose about 7:30 on Sunday morning and went to church. I taught my Sunday School class and then led singing at church, because my song director was at Addyston Baptist Church singing with the Blue Grass Boys quartet. I preached my sermon on The Great Commission #2 in the morning worship service.

After the morning service, I took my three grandchildren to eat a sandwich at Windy's, and then we went to Addyston Baptist Church for the 2:00 PM service. The Blue Grass Boys Quartet sang, and Bro. Darrell Sparks preached. We had a wonderful service and returned to First Baptist Church for the evening service at 6:00 PM. The Blue Grass Boys Quartet came over to First Baptist and sang for almost an hour. We had a great time singing. Most of the songs were sung as we sang them in the 1960's with my playing the piano and not singing. I did sing "Beulah Land." Then I brought my message on Hebrews 12:1-17.

After the evening service, a couple from Addyston Baptist Church took Bro. Bob Jones, his wife, Sue, and me to Frisch's for a time of food and fellowship. What a wonderful time together!

Today I am "whipped," but I still went to work and worked in the office all morning and until about 2:30 PM. I ate lunch and then picked up a few items at the store and came home. Now all I am doing is writing this blog and working on a few pictures. I am going to bed tonight EARLY.

No comments: