Monday, February 11, 2008

Jesus Revealed in Revelation #4

Rev. 1:5 . . . Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

What a grand salvation is ours! Jesus here is revealed as our ransom, our mediator, our High Priest, our Lord and King. No grander love can be expressed than that expressed from our Lord as he went to the cross to shed his precious blood for our sins. John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. We are his friends, if we do what he commands us. He is my friend, and he loves me. I know this, because he died for me. When he was on the cross, I was on his mind.

him that loved us. This is the greatest love that any one can experience. It is not a flippant or frivolous love; it is a love that only God can express, and he did express it when he died on the cross for those who will repent of their sins and believe in Jesus Christ, that he paid for their sins completely on the cross.

No one ever loved me like this, even though I had the greatest parents anyone could have, even though I have great brothers and sisters, even though I had the greatest wife in the world, even though I have Christian people all over the world who love me and pray for me. Jesus loved us so much that he stretched out his arms and died. He loved his Father so much that he stretched out his hands and died. Then he resurrected from the dead, because it is in the resurrection of Jesus Christ that we have our hope.

Jesus loved us in timeless eternity past, but he expressed that love here within the veil. He expressed his love and manifested it when he gave his own life a ransom for many. In that "many" was I. I was poor and wretched. I was lost and undone. I was dead in my sins (Eph. 2:1). I was blinded by the wisdom of the world (2 Cor. 4:4).

washed us from our sins in his own blood. How could anyone be washed in blood? The only person who can be washed in the blood is the one who will come to Jesus Christ, call upon his name, trust him for salvation and know him as personal Savior.

Jesus has washed us from all of our sins, past sins, present sins, and future sins. All of my sins were future when Jesus paid for them. He washed them as clean and white as the new-fallen snow Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

He washed us in his own blood. This is a very important phrase, because this was not just human blood; it was the personal blood of Jesus Christ. It was the only pure and innocent blood that God would accept for payment of our sins. Peter calls it "precious blood." 1 Peter 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. This is the symbolism of the Lord's Supper. What a great symbol to show that Jesus' blood is perfect and that this is a periodic reminder of what he has done for his people! We should always be thankful for Jesus Christ, for his death, burial and resurrection, and for his precious blood that paid for our sins. We should thank God for being satisfied with that payment so that we would not have to stand before him with eternal blame and guilt. Thank God for his unspeakable gift (2 Cor. 9:15).

No comments: