Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful For First Baptist Church


-Pastor Dr. Ronnie W. Wolfe -- November 27, 2014

Today I am reminded, as I often am, to be thankful for First Baptist Church, 119 S. Hill Street, Harrison, Ohio. I became pastor of this great church on August 2, 1982. This church had already acquired quite a reputation for being a church which preached the Bible, was concerned about the lost, and a great supporter of missionaries.

Through many trials and even troubles the Lord has brought me and my wife, Shirley, through them all; and this church has been so gracious to me as their pastor. I am so thankful for every member who has ever been at this church. We have lost many, many members through death through these years, but God has been gracious to always give us new people. God is wonderful like that.

After losing my wife in 2003, the church accommodated my needs and had great compassion and help toward me. Now that I am 70 years old, I look back through the many years and rehearse great memories of what this church has meant to me.

There have been only four pastors of this church in the past 64 years. I am thankful to be the pastor here for 32 years. I jest that I am keeping them from getting a good preacher.

Thank you, First Baptist Church, for putting up with this unworthy pastor. I am humbled by your love and considerations. May God continue to bless this his church to his own honor and glory.

No comments: