Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Psalm 119:142



Everlasting Righteousness
By Pastor Dr. Ronnie W. Wolfe

Why is righteousness and law spoken of in the same verse in Scripture? They seem to be contradictions, since no man can do righteousness. Paul said in Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Who can say, "No man can serve two masters" but a righteous man? Who can say "If ye have seen me, ye have seen the father" but a righteous man? Who can say "Come unto me, and I will give you rest" but a righteous man? Who can say "I give unto them eternal life" but a righteousness man? Who can say "I will come again and receive you unto myself that where I am there ye may be also" except a righteous man? Who can say "I and my Father are one" but a righteous man?

Of whom can anyone say as is said in 1 John 3:7 "Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous" but a righteous man?

Who could be substituted for sinners to bring them righteousness as stated in 2 Corinthians 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" but a righteous man?

His righteousness is an everlasting righteousness; ours is vanity. "There is none righteous, no, not one" (Rom. 3:10).

But God's law is truth. Righteousness knows only truth and can be reconciled only in the truth. Jesus is "the way, the truth, and the life . . ." (John 14:6). Jesus kept God's law perfectly in truth, for he is righteousness.

The only righteousness that we can have is that righteousness that is credited to us, the righteousness of Jesus Christ, an everlasting righteousness.
 
 

No comments: