Saturday, July 4, 2015

Psalm 119:173

Dr. Ronnie Wolfe

Let thy hand help me
2 Samuel 24:14 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.

Sometimes we just need to relax and rest in the hand of the LORD. He is there to support us and to help us. Sometimes we try too hard to help ourselves, but human help (although necessary in our faithfulness to God) is sometimes in the way of our trust in God.

The psalmist calls out for help from the Lord many times, as in Psalm 38:22 Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

The hand of the Lord is many times used for discipline toward his people and toward the wicked, as in Psalm 75:8 For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them.

. . . for I have chosen thy precepts  
We must remember that our help comes from the Lord and from His word: Psalm 121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.  God's word is precious; it is true; it is the sword of the Lord; and we can receive strength from it. The hand of the Lord is in His word; therefore, "I have chosen thy precepts."

Where else can we go for refuge? Psalm 9:9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

No comments: