Monday, August 8, 2016

Hot Milk Before Bed

By Pastor Ronnie Wolfe --August 8, 2016 
 
I don't know if you have ever heard anyone speak of drinking hot milk, or warm milk, before going to bed; but I have heard about it nearly all of my life.

Once, when we in the quartet were visiting a home on one of our trips (I cannot remember whose house it was), Bro. Bob Jones was in one of his kidding moods. He, as usual, began to harass me. He said "Well, you know that Ronnie needs to have his warm milk before he goes to bed." It was a nice "putdown," and we all laughed a little.

When the time came for us to start thinking about going to bed, the woman of the house wandered into the kitchen without my noticing. Shortly, she came out with a small glass of milk. She brought it over to me and handed it to me. I said, "What is that for?" She said, "Don't you want your warm milk before you go to bed?" I said, "Well, I'll drink it, but Bob was just harassing me."

Then we all had a good laugh, although I was a little fearful of drinking warm milk before bed, because I had been told that it causes constipation. After I worried for a couple of minutes, I went on to bed, and all is well.

No comments: