Monday, May 10, 2021

My Story #33:

Ronnie W. Wolfe 

The Mustache Caper

 Sometime in 1960s, Bob Jones, Demas Brubacher, Robert Carpenter, and I were riding along going to or coming from an appointment that we had, and someone said, "Why don't we all grow mustaches?" We discussed it for a few minutes and decided to compete and find out who could grow a mustache first.


We all agreed, and the next day we did not shave our mustache, and the race was on. Bro. Robert Carpenter grew a mustache in a matter of a few days--no competition with him. then I grew on next in line. Bro. Brubacher and Jones grew something, but they never did grow a full mustache. Robert Carpenter and I wore ours for a few years. I think I wore mine for about two years. Robert wore his for several years. Later, Robert grew a full beard and, as far as I know, wears it to this day.

So much for winning (or losing) a competition. I got tired of carrying around a "mustache kit" everywhere we traveled and fooling around with a mustache. So, after two years, I shaved off my mustache and have not had one since.
 

No comments: