Thursday, September 9, 2021

Of All Of These


Ronnie W. Wolfe – © September 9, 2021

Of all the sermons that I have preached,
Of all the words that I have sung,
Of all the languages I could speak,
Or in my mother tongue,

There never was a word could say
What needs to flow from me
To tell how much the love of God
So surely set me free.

Of all the books that all men wrote
And dictionaries filled
With words of no ordinary speech,
And meaning there fulfilled,

They would not meet the need divine,
Express my every praise,
For everything my Lord has done
Through everlasting days.

There is no earthly language here,
Though poets hard express,
That meets the need for heav’nly love
Our lonely hearts to bless.

Though prayers are prayed with deepest want
To give God heav’nly due,
Each prayer in life falls weary short
When we tell the Lord “a-deu”

Amen to all the words worked out
To try to give God praise,
Though weak and weary our longing words,
His blessings he relays.

No comments: