Tuesday, October 19, 2021

My Story #53

 Ronnie W. Wolfe


Trip Of A Lifetime

I do not remember the year, but our quartet was scheduled to travel to Hollywood, Florida, for a revival meeting. I left Chesapeake, Ohio, where I was pasturing to drive to Lexington, Kentucky, to pick up Wayne Hart so we could travel together to Florida.

Once in the car I began to drive, and Wayne sat in the passenger's seat and talked and talked with me until we reached somewhere near Atlanta, Georgia. I asked Wayne if he wanted to get a motel room and spend the night to break up our trip. He said he would drive a while if we could just keep going. I agreed, and Wayne got into the driver's seat and began to drive.

Wayne drove for about 1 1/2 hours and woke me up and said, "I am getting really sleepy. I don't think I can drive any farther." So, we stopped and switched back so I could drive. I drove all the way from that point to our destination.

It was early in the morning when we reached the church. We went through the day visiting with people after a short nap and later had a wonderful dinner. Then we went to church for a long service.

After church, I went into the room the church provided for me, and I went to sleep. I slept all night. When I awoke the next morning, I ate a little breakfast and then went back to bed. I slept all night and nearly all day every day throughout that week, because I was simply exhausted. I don't believe I have been the same since.

We made it through the week and got back home safe. It was a good meeting, and I am thankful. But I will never again take on a venture like this one. I don't think Wayne would have, either.
 

No comments: