Thursday, December 4, 2014

Psalm 119:117



He Will Keep Me

By Pastor Dr. Ronnie W. Wolfe

We as human beings always have a tendency to fall back into sin, to stumble along the Christian road; therefore, we must ask the Lord to hold us up. His hand is "stretched out still" (Isaiah mentions this five times) to sinners, and his hand holds up his people from eternal death and from being seduced and harmed by the world. I love the doctrine of eternal security, because it guarantees me that God will keep me by his own power.

Notice this for believers:  Psalms 37:24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

I cannot fall into  perdition. I will not fall into reprobation. I cannot fall so far away from God that his judgment will fall upon me as it does upon unbelievers.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

God keeps me by his grace; therefore, I have respect unto the statutes, laws, commandments of the Lord. It is his grand statutes which made my sinful condition manifest, and it is his grace which has helped me.

Jesus paid it all; all to him I owe. If he keeps me from falling, then I must keep his commandments; because they are not grievous. 
 
 

No comments: