Monday, September 7, 2015

John 1:37-39

Dr. Ronnie Wolfe

Spending The Day With Jesus

How would you like to spend the day with Jesus? What if He invited you to come to where he stayed to continue with him until eventide? Would not your heart yearn and burn within you to have that great privilege? Would your mind not fill with a myriad of questions you would like to ask the Messiah? Would you not well up with praise in your heart to be with Him? Would you not wonder what it was going to be like to sit with him in a private place without thousands around Him? How would it be to spend the day with Jesus?

I certainly do not know fully what an experience that would be, but I am only a little envious of that time, for I have always desired to have a closer walk with Jesus and to be nearer and nearer to Him. I have often sued for his favor and his comfort. I have time and time again wished that I could ask him about certain portions of Scripture that have given me doubts as to their meaning. I have, too, wanted to tell him so many things of my daily experiences and ask him many questions that begin with why.

Many times I have approached the Savior in prayer and have felt His presence through the Holy Spirit. Now I wonder how much greater the experience would be if I could not only feel his presence from within my soul but also see Him with my eyes. But now my soul must be pleased to see in His word what he has said to me in these last days:  Heb. 1:2 (God) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

That will be my most humble wish and my most mounting desire and the result of His great promise, that I shall see Him as He is (1 John 3:2).

Oh, what glory that will be
When His shining face I see
And begotten by His grace,
I shall see him face to face.
-Ronnie Wolfe 9-7-2015


No comments: