Monday, June 20, 2016

Two Unforgettable Events

Dr. Ronnie Wolfe

Living at the Earl Wallace place was an unforgettable experience for me. Here I will mention quickly two small events that have stuck in my mind since the time they happened.

Dog In The Ice Box
Some of you have already read this story. Today will be a shorter writing of it. For some reason, one day I decided to put our little Beagle puppy in the bottom right-hand cabinet of our ice box. There was no ice in the top ice compartment, so it was not cold; but I put him in there and closed and latched the door. Then I went off and forgot that I had done it. Later that day, we all heard the puppy crying, but no one could find the puppy. Even I looked for the puppy, because I had forgotten what I had done. Eventually, it flashed into my mind what I had done, and, feeling badly about it, I went to the ice box and let out the puppy. I must have got into much trouble over that, but I forgot about that, too.

Half Dollar Under The Floor
While we lived at the Earl Wallace place, somehow I got my hands on a half dollar. I suppose someone gave it to me for a gift. As I was sitting in the front doorway, I was playing around with that half dollar coin. I noticed a small knothole in the floor and began to play around, pushing the coin harder and harder into that hole, thinking the hole was too small for the coin to go through; but suddenly the coin dropped through the hole and under the floor. As far as I know, that coin is still under the house near the front door. When they tear it down, someone needs to find that coin and send it to me.


No comments: