Thursday, July 7, 2016

My Broken Nose

By Ronnie Wolfe

My father worked in the city (Covington, Kentucky) and stayed there all through the work week. He came home on Friday evening. One Friday evening he came home, but he went immediately to the barn to do some work before he came to the house.

I was anxious to see him, so I decided to go to the barn. In my excitement, as fast as I could, I started toward the barn. I went out of the house and across our front porch. When I got to the edge of the porch, I was stepping off the porch and lost my balance.

As I stepped off the porch, I saw immediately a rough rock making its way up from the ground right into my face. Actually, I was falling toward the big, rough rock, and that rock slapped me right in the face as I fell to the ground directly on my nose.

When I began to cry very loudly, my father ran as fast as he could to me, picked me up, checked my nose and said, "I think he broke his nose." Then he carried me into the house.

My nose really hurt, but I was at least in my father's arms preferred and protected. That was all I wanted.

No comments: