Monday, February 1, 2021

My Story #20:

 I remember so well when Bro. Walker at Ashland Avenue Baptist Church chose ME out of all the members of the church (and there were many) to take the picture of the groundbreaking for the new building for Lexington Baptist College (the picture of this building above). He bragged on what a good photographer I was, but in reality I was not a really good photographer, though I dabbled in photography as a hobby.


It was such privilege to stand with Bro. Walker and some of the other men who were present as the shovel was pressed into the ground to break the ground for the building of a new place for Lexington Baptist College to meet. I remember that later I had to open the building at 6:30 AM to teach my first class at 7:00 AM. "Those were the days."

The picture I took was printed in the Ashland Avenue Baptist paper later. I would post the picture here if I could find it, but I don't think I can right now.
 
 

No comments: