Wednesday, February 24, 2021

My Story #23:

  

While coming back, I believe, from South Carolina, the Bluegrass Boys Quartet were crossing the Blueridge mountains late at night when suddenly we came upon a mule standing in the middle of the road. There was no shooing away this mule (you know how they are). All we could do is simply wait until the mule was ready to mosey off and go his way.


These late nights are what made us very sleepy the next morning in our 7:00 class. Only once was I to fall asleep in one of those classes. It was near the end of the school year. Someone pointed out that I was sleeping, and Bro. Johnny Thompson said (they told me later) "Well, just let him sleep; he deserves it." I thought that was very nice of him.

Those were hard days and nights, but I would not trade them now for anything. Our travels were good for us, good for the churches we visited, and good for Lexington Baptist College. We are so thankful to be able to serve the Lord.

Even now we never know whom we shall affect in a positive way in relation to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Let's just keep preaching and teaching until we are with the Lord!
 

No comments: