Monday, March 15, 2021

My Story #26:

 

Ronnie W. Wolfe

In the early years of traveling with the Bluegrass Boys, we endured some pretty hard times, though they were joyous and spiritually vitalizing.

In those days we were not put into motels to sleep often; and, when we were, there were two full beds, and we had to sleep two to a bed. I always awoke earlier than the other boys, and they would get aggravated with me for getting up so early and waking them up when I put the braces on my legs. So, I would leave the room and go either outside or into the dining area until they woke up. They slept late, because many times we would stay up and talk with preachers and friends to the wee hours of the morning.

Also, I remember once going to the Ohio State Penitentiary. The temperature must have been -10f, and the wind was blowing hard. We had a long walk from the car to the front door, and we nearly froze to death. That certainly will put a memory in your mind not easily forgotten.

I remember, also, walking in deep mud to go to a mission point in an out-of-the-way place. Those were the days.

But it was all worth the effort and the obstacles, because God always blessed, and we saw some really blessed revivals back then. May God receive the glory!
 

No comments: