Monday, March 22, 2021

My Story #27:

 

My Story #27:

The first group of what are called The Bluegrass Boys organized in 1962 was made up of Bob Jones, Ed Kittle, Larry Robbins, and Warren Hartman. I heard them sing in my early years in Lexington, Kentucky, and they were great singers.

In 1963, after the first group disbanded, Bro. Bob Jones got together another group, which includes myself, Bro. Carl Morton, and Bro. Bobby Lakes. We have sung together for over 50 years and have had a great ministry, seeing many saved, enjoying fellowship in great conferences and revival meetings, seeing young men surrender to the ministry and to the mission fields of the world along with many other blessings. God has been so good to bless our ministry. We still sing together from time to time and praise the Lord for his great mercy upon us. We are in pretty good health, for which we are SO thankful to God.

We represented a wonderful school known as Lexington Baptist College. Many of you know about it. We had some exceptional teachers and learned much from their knowledge and wisdom.

Bro. Carl Morton reminded me yesterday, as I talked with him on the phone, of the Sunday when our pastor, Bro. Clarence Walker, told the whole church that "little Ronnie Wolfe" quit his good-paying job at the First National Bank in Lexington to come and work for the school and travel with the Bluegrass Boys. Bro. Walker had no idea how much money I made at the bank. If I had told him, he probably would have fainted, and not because it was much money but that it was so little money.
 

No comments: