Tuesday, June 15, 2021

I Broke My Nose

 My Story #37:

Ronnie W. Wolfe
I Broke My Nose

My father worked in Covington, Kentucky, and he would go there on Monday and would stay all week in an apartment. The rest of us stayed at home on the farm to keep things going there.

On one occasion, my father came home on Friday evening, and I was excited to see him; but he went to the barn first rather than come into the house. I moved as fast as I could to go out to the barn to see him, but I forgot about a small step off from our front porch. I lost my balance at that step and fell face-first directly onto a rock, and my nose was the first thing that hit the rock. My nose began to bleed, and my father came running. He picked me up and carried me into the house. That is all I wanted: to see my father; but this evening I got more than the sight of him. I didn't really break my nose, but my father thought that I may have, so I got personal attention. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD in heaven!

No comments: