Monday, June 21, 2021

11-Year-Old Boy

 My Story #38

This is the story of an 11-year-old boy who was my neighbor. At that time I lived with my mother, and he would come down to our house every day. We learned to love him. He had some idiosyncrasies that made him special.

Once he came into my bedroom and sat down on the bed beside me. He handed me a small card with a very small picture of himself on it. On the back of the card it read "I love you." I said, "I love you, too." Then I told him about Jesus and prayed with him. He said he trusted in Jesus Christ.

On December 8, 1972, he drowned in a flooded creek down the road from our house. They did not find his body for 28 days. I preached his funeral, which was a sad one. This was only three months after I was married.

Now he lives in a place where people do not drown. They are happy, and there are no more tears or sorrows. I still have that picture along with one more that I took of him. I know God is pleased to have him in heaven.

Anyone who will believe in Jesus Christ can go to heaven. Heaven is a beautiful and an amazing place prepared for them who love the Lord. I hope you are going there by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
 

No comments: