Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Services

This is Sunday, January 21, 2007, and we are not having services at First Baptist Church due to snow and ice. This is the first time this Winter that we have not had services.

I have both sermons ready to go, but I will have to wait until next Sunday to preach them. Maybe I can finally get ahead in my sermons (that would be nice). If you are interested, my notes are posted on the First Baptist Church web site at the link at the bottom of this page.

Jim Teague had a stroke yesterday. He has been taken to Mercy Hospital Fairfield. The stroke is affecting his vision. We do not know if he will regain his sight or not. He can see a little. He can read the largest line on the vision chart, but he cannot read anything close to him.

We buried Shirley Ripperger on Friday of this week. She was a wonderful member of First Baptist Church for many years. She was 60 years old, the same age as my wife when she died nearly four years ago. Darryl, her husband, seems to be doing well.

I will stay in today out of the snow and do some work on web sites and blogs and do some reading and studying. I have a seminar coming up on a study of the Old Testament Tabernacle on February 12 at Antioch Baptist College. I may do some reading on that. I will take a completely different approach this time by taking most of my scripture from the book of Hebrews in the New Testament, which deals with the spiritual aspect of the Tabernacle. The seminar begins at 7:00 PM, February 12, just off I-75 (going north) at Shepherd Lane just a few feet east of I-75. Come if you can. It is free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.