Wednesday, July 21, 2021

My Story #42

Pastor Dr. Ronnie W. Wolfe

Today I am remembering those who down through the many years of my life have loved me, helped me, remembered me in prayer, written to me, called me, and associated with me in many different ways. I pray that I have been half the friend to them as they have to me. I have tried to be a witness of the Gospel to many people through the years, and the Lord has been gracious to save many of those people, whether it was through preaching from a pulpit or sitting down personally with a person to give the Gospel.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is powerful unto salvation, the Apostle Paul said, and it is true. There is nothing like witnessing to someone and then see their countenance change, their heart changed, a new life arise in their soul, and a new attitude of love for God's people and a desire to serve the Lord.

Sadly, many to whom I have witnessed did not trust the Lord Jesus as Savior, and for that my heart is broken. I cannot force someone to trust the Lord; all I can do is give them the good news of the Gospel and pray that God will change their heart to believe in Jesus Christ and surrender to be the Lord's servant for the rest of their lives.
 

No comments: