Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Funeral Dirge For Old Buick

Good-Bye Sweet Buick

Thank the Lord, the Buick is gone
Gone to its ultimate moribund home,
Many a mile it has traveled for me,
Missed every guardrail and swerved every tree.

One Hundred Eighty-four thousand miles,
Some with our tears, and many with smiles;
Smooth at the start, we traveled with ease.
Then it was bumpy, dangling the keys.

I did that which all human beings should not:
I fell in love with this "jeep" I had got.
No need go further with my conscious intention,
I'll just let her go with an honorable mention.

God-bye, love, and may all treat you well.
I'll miss you, a car that I couldn't sell.
But soon I'll love another, you see,
A Buick like you, and no Model-T.

Good riddance to you, and soon you'll be gone
From sight and sound; I'll sing a new song.
And if I should see you when I'm passing by,
I'll wave somewhat gently with a tear in my eye.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Written by Pastor Ronnie Wolfe
Upon the demise of Bro. Glenn Archer's Old Buick
"Good-bye, sweet fenders; all cars are just lenders."

No comments: