Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Psalm 119:47

Ronnie W. Wolfe

Does it not just aggravate you when your children do not listen to you? How many times have  you said, "I've told you a hundred times ..."? Our children actually grow tired of our constant commandments to them:  take out the garbage; mow the yard; clean your room; stop that; be quiet; listen to me; go outside; stay inside; go to bed; wait a minute; don't sass me; have a little respect; where did you hear that?; what did you say?"  I don't think we realize how many commandments we give our children just in one day.

That is the way God is: he gives us commandment after commandment every day. To many they are a sweet taste and a sweet harmony, but to many they are a frustration and grievous.

Many people have lost interest in reading the Bible due to the fact that, to them, it is only a book with do's and don'ts. They, in other words, detest the commands of the Lord.

But if a believer reads the Scriptures with an open heart and mind and with a humble heart, he will accept God's commandments as, not grievous, but a delight. Psalms 40:8 says, I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. 

Surrender to God's will and accept his commandments. They are not grievous (1 John 5:3). Let us accept them as a delight and obey them as law:  Psalms 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart. 

No comments: