Monday, July 14, 2014

Psalm 119:46

Ronnie W. Wolfe

Oh, my, this verse scares me a little. I am easily intimidated when in the presence of  "important" people, but we must do our best to remember that people are people alike. We need to remember what Paul said to the Galatians:

Galatians 2:6 But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man’s person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

As I grow in grace, I am more adept (hopefully) and in small part apt at speaking to those who are in important places without being intimidated and without being ashamed from the fact that Christianity is disdained in our day in many places, and people are estranged from the fundamental teachings of grace and faith.

But we know that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation, so we must preach it; and the "important" ones need the Gospel as well as the poor and the lowly. Paul said in Romans 1:16 that he was not ashamed of the Gospel.

Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father’s, and of the holy angels.

How do we, then, overcome our shame?

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 


No comments: